Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

February 10th, 2008

A new subject or passage each week for all to discuss.
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

February 10th, 2008

Postby millipede » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:14 am

What are you doing with what God has given you? How are you serving?
Ever stop and think to yourself that you don't have very much to offer?
I'm sure you've heard the stories of Moses... amongst others, he thought he had absolutely nothing to offer. But look at all that God did with him.
Well I have another story that you've heard before, but might not have thought of in this way.

John 6:1-13
1 After these things Jesus went over the sea of Galilee. which is the sea of Tiberias
2 And a great multitude followed him, because they saw his miracles which he did on them that were diseased.
3 And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there he sat with his disciples.
4 And the passover, a feast of the Jews, was nigh.
5 When Jesus then lifted up his eyes, and saw a great company come unto him, he saith unto Philip, Whence shall we buy bread, that these may eat?
6 And this he said to prove him: for he himself knew what he would do.
7 Philip answered him, Two hundred penny worth of bread is not sufficient for them, that every one of them may take a little.
8 One of his disciples, Andre, Simon Peter's brother, saith unto him,
9 There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?
10 And Jesus said, Make the men sit down. Now there was much grass in the place. So the men sat down, in number about five thousand.
11 And Jesus took the loaves; and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them that were set down; and likewise of the fishses as much as they would.
12 When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost.
13 Therefore they gathered them together, and filled twelve baskets with fragments of the five barley loaves, which remained over and above unto them that had eaten.

I urge you to read further in that passage as Jesus talks to his disciples about himself being the bread of life.
But what I want to discuss was this small amount of food this boy had to offer. If you think about five thousand people... that's a LOT of people to try and feed with what the boy had.
I tell you this, that any thing you have to offer the world, no matter how little it may seem... you have absolutely no idea how many God can feed with that. Think about that anytime you're doubting how God can use you.

Father God I want to thank you for all that you have to offer us in our daily bread, your written word. I pray that each and every one of us will give what we have, even if it doesn't seem like it is enough.
Amen.

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Weekly Study...”