Welcome to Backyard Fellowship...
Please take a moment and register >>HERE<<
We look forward to meeting you... :)

Do you like landscaping?

Have any questions regarding landscaping? Or maybe you have some thoughts and ideas you'd like to share. This is the place...
millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Do you like landscaping?

Postby millipede » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:45 pm

There is so much involved with landscaping... Lots of people like things to look nice. Every business out there has their property landscaped, if there's any soil there. You'll see nicely groomed lawns, trimmed hedges/bushes, trees, mulch, etc...

Is there any aspect to landscaping you like? Anything in particular you really like to see?

Amongst all the different plants I like to see... I really love rocks in landscapes. Large rocks... I especially miss all the stone walls you can find back in New England. They're especially attractive set against pines.
I plan on doing a lot with stone here, but the stones we have here are a bit different than what you find where I grew up.

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Re: Do you like landscaping?

Postby Nicki » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:20 am

I'm not into landscaping myself, but I do love to see a pretty yard that someone has really put alot of work into. I enjoy seeing ponds that are set up nice. Trees and shrubs really make a difference in the look of a place...I LOVE weeping willows next to water! I think that must be my favorite.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:30 pm

Doing the actual landscaping can be fun for me sometimes... because I love to design things. But when it comes to maintaining things, it's a different story. I get bored easily. :roll:

I have SO many plans for my yard... but it's going to be SO much work.

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:19 pm

I love landscaping... It just finding which plants go best together... Haha... Once we get a house im going to see about doing some landscaping!

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:17 pm

Come visit me and you can do all the landscaping you want :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have about 5 acres that could use a little work. :lol:

Nicki
germinating
United States of America

Postby Nicki » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:22 pm

Then you can come over to my house and landscape our 6 acres!! :lol: :lol:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. ~Proverbs 3:5-6~

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:25 pm

See CB you don't have to be bored... we have plenty for you to do. :lol:
Any parts of landscaping you like best?

I have lots of plans... if I get anything accomplished I'll take pictures.
I find I'm more productive if I just do little things at a time.
I have lots of ideas for rocks... LOTS. And I have LOTS of rocks, so that's good.
I found a pile or fairly large rocks in one area of my woods. Not sure what they were used for at some point in time. Would be interesting to know. I haven't decided how I'm using those ones yet, but it may involve a fire pit or a retaining wall. We'll see.

C_B
germinating

Postby C_B » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:38 pm

My favorite would be finding the right plants and flowers to put along a house... there is so many choices but only a few will actually match the surrounding and its fun to try and match them up....

No thanks i think ill pass! :D ill leave that for yall to do!

george74
Hi, I'm new

Postby george74 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:20 am

The traditional view of landscape design is a detailed drawing specifying the location of each shrub and flower bed. In truth, each time you bring home a plant from the nursery you are engaging in the design process, either intentionally or unintentionally.

millipede
Mr. Normal
United States of America

Postby millipede » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:16 pm

That makes sense. Ideally, I'd like to have a plan all drawn out and follow through with it. The problem is, I don't always finish what I start... so quite often, I do just design as I go. I have ideas in my head at all times as to what will work where, how far apart things should be, where is too shady, and all sorts of other things. I don't get out and landscape as often as I'd like but it is somewhat enjoyable when I do get something accomplished out there. I LOVE watching things grow. I love looking at stuff I planted just a few years back and seeing just how much they've grown. :)

Was This Topic Useful?

Return to “Landscaping...”